Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) today announced its financial results for the nine-month period that ended Dec. 31, 2016.
Global Financial Highlights:
- Global sales of 6,643,386 vehicles increased by 150,602 units compared to the same period last fiscal year. Japan, Europe, Asia and North America posted sales gains, while other regions declined.
- Consolidated net revenues for the period totaled 20.1547 trillion yen (*$188.361 billion), down 6.0 percent.
- Operating income decreased to 1.5554 trillion yen (*$14.536 billion), down 32.5 percent.
- Net income decreased to 1.4327 trillion yen (*$13.389 billion), a 24.0 percent decline.
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 107-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
North America Financial Highlights:
- Financial services operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to 210.7 billion yen (*$1.969 billion).
(*currency translations above are approximate and based on an average 107-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
Fiscal Year Global Forecast (April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017):
- Sales increased by 4,361 vehicles to 2,145,016 units.
- Operating income (excluding valuation gains/losses from interest-rate swaps) decreased to 398.1 billion yen (*$3.720 billion).
(*all currency translations above are approximate and based on a projected 107-yen-to-dollar exchange rate)
- Global consolidated vehicle sales of 8.9 million.
- Consolidated net revenue of 26.5 trillion yen (*$247.663 billion)
- Operating income of 1.85 trillion yen (*$17.289 billion)
- Net income of 1.7 trillion yen (*$15.887 billion)
For more information on the fiscal year results, go to: